Saturday, May 9, 2009

My First Auction...

Now that we have moved to Ontario, I'm loving that the bits and bobs hat I use have become more common and that there is more variety. I have been wanting to go to an estate sale since we got here in November, and now that spring has arrived, auctions are in full swing. Today it was out on a farm with ancient farm equipment and the contents of the house to be sold. There wasn't a whole lot there for me, but what little I did get is pretty exciting. Kevin and I patiently waited about two hours for the auctioneer to get over to the linens table where there was a carpet beg full of hand-tatted lace. A lady saw me looking at it and said she had been friends with the lady who had made it. It seemed to me that everybody was keeping their eye on it, but I think I was just being paranoid.

When it came to finally bid I was stuck behind a big guy and didn't quite know where the bids were coming from, I got all frantic then I realized kevin was bidding for me against this cagey little lady who had already made some pretty savvy purchases. Then, siddenly, the bidding stopped, I thought Kevin had given it up so I piped up with "30!" Luckily the auctioneer new that I mistakenly bid against my own party and just said - Sold to the gentleman for 27.50 - next time bring a different woman. I was too excited to be embarrassed. Here are some of the things I found in the bag when I got home-



I love the little pj's with the roses. I'll take some better pics after everythiing is laundered and pressed. Next auction on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Faded Plains said...

What great finds...love the pj's too!